The first 1000 days of life, a unique window of opportunity for lifelong health
The first 1000 days of life include the period between the first day of pregnancy up to the child’s 2nd year of life. This period is a golden opportunity to ensure a healthy life span. For this reason, proper nutrition plays a crucial role in this period.
Due to the very rapid development at the first 1000 days of life, the child has special nutritional needs at each stage of the fetus, breastfeeding, weaning, and the toddlerhood. Therefore, ensuring that all mothers and children have access to proper nutrition throughout this era is very important.
It is noteworthy that improper nutrition during this period increases the likelihood of a child affected with NCDs, such as obesity, shortness of height, diabetes, allergies, and heart disease.
PROPER NUTRITION IN THE FIRST 1000 DAYS OF LIFE HAS MANY BENEFITS FOR THE CHILD, INCLUDING:
- Reducing differences between people in terms of health, education, and earning potential
- Save more than a million children each year
- A viable investment for the future of children, families, and communities
- The growth and development of the baby’s brain and energy supply for his/her proper growth
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes during life
- Child’s readiness to go to school and reaches academic achievements
- رشد و تکامل مغز کودک و تامین انرژی برای رشد مناسب او
- کاهش ابتلا به بیماریهای قلبی و عروقی و بیماری دیابت در طول زندگی
- آمادگی بیشتر کودک برای رفتن به مدرسه و کسب موفقیتهای تحصیلی
- کاهش اختلاف بین افراد از نظر سطح سلامت، تحصیلات و پتانسیل کسب درآمد
- نجات جان بیش از یک میلیون کودک در هر سال
- داشتن یک سرمایهگذاری پر بازده برای آینده کودکان، خانوادهها و جوامع
Did you know that your child in the first two years of life:
Adds 1 gram to his brain weight daily?
His weight reaches 4 times of its initial weight?
Grows more than 50% of its initial height?